Travelling to Ballarat
Ballarat and the Goldfields region is easily accessed from Melbourne via the following travel options:
Airport Shuttle Service
Melbourne Airport offers a return Ballarat Shuttle Service that runs regularly on week days, starting at 05:45, and limited services on weekends and public holidays.
Please note the following information to be mindful of before choosing this service:
- All services should be pre booked
- Online bookings need to be made at least three hours prior to scheduled shuttle departure
- If you miss the bus for which you have booked, your ticket is valid for the next available service - providing there are spare seats available
- If you encounter flight delays, you will be booked onto the next available service
- Trip time is approximately 95 minutes from Melbourne airport to Ballarat Railway Station and vice versa
To find out more please visit airportshuttlebus.com.au.
Ballart is a pleasant 115 kilometres drive along the Western Freeway, and will take you approximately 75 minutes from Melbourne Airport. There are numerous opportunities to stop along the way and take in some of regional Victorian sites including gold rush towns, antique shops, renowned cafes and restaurants, wineries and historical markers.
Car hire from numerous companies is available from Melbourne Airport. - visit melbourneairport.com.au/carhire to find out more.
VLine runs regular train and coach services from Melbourne to Ballarat return, departing from Southern Coss Station.
Visit vline.com.au/ballarat to find out more.