2019 Rural Coach & GSA Rural Surgery Grants
Applications will open for Rural Coach and GSA Rural Surgery Grants on Monday 06 May, 2019.
Each grant is valued at up to $770 Inc. GST, to be used towards attendance at the PSA 2019 ASC.
About the Grant
Since 2012, GSA has funded Rural Surgery Grants for over 50 General Surgery Trainees and IMGs, to provide assistance with attendance at the Provincial Surgeons of Australia Annual Scientific Conference. Past recipients of the grants have found the opportunities for networking invaluable.
GSA is extremely supportive of initiatives that encourage General Surgery Trainees, IMGs, and Junior Doctor members of GSA to become involved in regional and rural surgical careers.
This is a significant workforce issue for General Surgery and one of GSA's strategic imperatives.
About the Rural Coach Program
If you are a General Surgery Trainee, IMG, or Junior Doctor member of GSA who is considering working in rural Australia in the future, Rural Coach might be able to assist you.
Since 2011, the Rural Coach Program has identified and supported more than 90 Trainees interested in a Rural Surgical career, via ongoing support, advocacy and the opportunity to build their rural connections by offering financial assistance towards attendance at the Provincial Surgeons of Australia Annual Scientific Conference.
Terms & Conditions
- Grant applications are open to General Surgery Trainees, IMGs, and Junior Doctor members of GSA only
- The Rural Coach & GSA Grant is paid to recipients retrospectively
- The grant is valued at up to $770 Inc. GST, and can only be used towards expenses associated with attendance at the PSA 2019 ASC
- Applications for the grant will only be considered when they accompany a completed PSA 2019 ASC online registration
- A condition of receiving the grant is that the recipient must write a short article - approx. 250 words - for publication in Surgical News and General Surgery Today
Rural Coach Program Officer