Complex Hernia Breakfast Masterclass
- Friday 12 August
- $Free for PSA program delegates
How to approach an incisional hernia: The importance of Getting it right first time
- Understanding materials, the right technique, what does the data say?
- We are quality of life surgeons… the right approach for the patient
- Dr Todd Heniford MD FACS
Chief - Division of Gastrointestinal and Minimally Invasive Surgery at Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center's Department of Surgery
Director - Carolinas Hernia Institute at Atrium Health Carolinas Medical Center
Dr. Heniford is a world-renowned surgeon and award-winning researcher who specialises in minimally invasive surgery, repairing ventral hernias and component separations as part of abdominal wall reconstruction. As the founder of the Division of Gastrointestinal and Minimally Invasive Surgery at Atrium Health in 1998, Dr. Heniford has guided his team to become one of the most recognized surgical units in the country, performing thousands of complex surgical procedures for patients from this region as well as more than 30 other states and countries.
Forging ahead into medicine’s digital future, Dr. Heniford has developed apps that improve integration between patients and surgeons, leading to joint development of patient care plans, better outcomes and reduced costs. He has written 350 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters, edited three books and lectured on six continents. His research has won more than 50 regional, national and international awards and has led to significant changes in surgical care.
- Workshop is free for registered delegates of the PSA ASC. Non-PSA ASC registered delegates are welcome to attend at a cost of $88 per person.
- Registration includes Masterclass and breakfast